Book Review Submissions are currently CLOSED until further notice while I get my reading list caught up. Thank you for understanding.
How do you find books to review?
- I’m listed with The Indie Book Review List. I get lots of email requests for reviews.
- I also use social media to find new and interesting books to read.
How many books do you review per week?
I read more books than I actually review. I review at least one book weekly. I have a rule that I accept only one request per week, but I am having trouble following that rule. I receive between 20 to 40 review requests per week. If I get too many submissions for book reviews, I can, of course, only read and review so much in a short span of time. This usually results in the temporary closure of my requests until I get caught back up.
What types of books do you review?
As of September 1st, 2017, I accept fiction in the following genres:
Fantasy (including Paranormal)
Where do you post reviews?
I post to my blog, my Twitter, my Google +, and Goodreads. My PA also adds posts to my Facebook page at Leigh Holland’s Facebook Page. I may add my reviews and interviews to my Instagram and Pinterest as well.
I will only post reviews to Amazon under the following circumstances which match their updated guidelines as of 9/28/17:
- If I paid for the book myself or borrowed it from the Kindle Unlimited program.
- If you provided a copy to me without the expectation it will result in a review. In other words, you cannot ask me for a review and offer to give me a free copy if you want me to post to Amazon. However, if you sent me a copy of the book and did not ask for a review explicitly, and I choose to review it without further communication about whether or not I plan to review it, I will post my review to Amazon should I decide to read it.
- NOTE that I do not require you to send me anything free regardless. I buy or borrow most of the books I review.
Do you post negative reviews?
If I can’t honestly rate the book between 3 to 5 stars, I don’t publish my review. My blog is about books I enjoyed reading.
If you don’t get paid, what are you getting out of this?
- I get the joy of being transported for a little while to a world you created for me. Thank you!
- Even if I didn’t love this book, it doesn’t mean I won’t love your next one. If my feedback can help an author’s process in some way, I feel good about that.
- A meaningful professional relationship. I keep up with my featured authors and do what I can to help promote their best works. I support Indie authors. My reputation as a trusted member of the literary community is important to me.
How long is your TBR list? Do you read books in order?
Right now, I have plenty of books on my ever-growing TBR list. I do not read them in order. I read them based on what genre I’m in the mood to read as well as length and the time I have available.
Are you listed on any reviewer sites?
Yes, I’m listed at The Indie Book Reviewers List.