Do you charge for book reviews?
No, I consider that to be against my code of ethics (The Holland Code). At most, I may request that you email me a PDF or MOBI file of your book. You may also check out my statement under my FTC Disclosure.
How do you find books to review?
- I’m listed with The Indie Book Review List. I will accept one request per week starting September 1st, 2017.
- I also use social media to find new and interesting books to read.
How many books do you review per week?
I read more books than I actually review. I review at least one book weekly. If I get too many submissions for book reviews, I can, of course, only read and review so much in a short span of time.
What types of books do you review?
As of September 1st, 2017, I accept fiction in the following genres:
Where do you post reviews?
I post to my blog, my Twitter, my Google +, Amazon, and Goodreads. My PA also adds posts to my Facebook page at Leigh Holland’s Facebook Page. I add screenshots of my reviews and interviews to my Instagram and Pinterest as well.
Do you post negative reviews?
If I can’t honestly rate the book between 3 to 5 stars, I don’t publish my review. My blog is about books I enjoyed reading, not books that need more fine tuning first.
If you don’t get paid, what are you getting out of this?
- I get the joy of being transported for a little while to a world you created for me. Thank you!
- Even if I didn’t love this book, it doesn’t mean I won’t love your next one. If my feedback can help an author’s process in some way, I feel good about that.
- A meaningful professional relationship. I keep up with my featured authors and do what I can to help promote their best works. I support Indie authors. My reputation as a trusted member of the literary community is important to me.
Are you listed on any reviewer sites?
Yes, I’m listed at The Indie Book Reviewers List.